How Many Case Fans Can a Motherboard Support
-
07-15-202102:56 PM #1
ROG Extremity Array
Asus Blossom H510M-A how umpteen fans/amps can buoy the case fan connectors take? I have the Undercoat H510M-A mobo and intend to build in a type with 3 fans in the front and peerless in the backrest. I haven't been able to find anywhere information connected how more fans I can connect to each of the two case fan connectors. My fans are Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB PRO, with 0.3 A business leader draw from each one. I presume 2 fans would be ok per connector but since I'd prefer having all front fans limited likewise, would opt copulative all of them in the unvaried connector. Will it be possible? How can I see if something goes wrong?
-
07-15-202103:59 PM #2
ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Spectacles
MrAgapiGC PC Specs Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Code Processor 9900K Memory (theatrical role number) CMK32GX4M4B3600C18 Graphics Card #1 STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING Monitor AOC AGON AG2701QX (2) Storage #1 Samsung 960 EVO 256GB Warehousing #2 Kingston Feral 500GB CPU Cooler Nzxt X74 360mm AIO Case Nzxt H700 Power Supply EVGA 850 G2 Keyboard Logitech G810 Mouse Asus Spartha Headset Hyper X Cloud Six-gun S Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337 OS Windows 10 64btis Electronic network Router TpLink Archer C9 Supplement #1 EKWB FANs all of them
correct does not say.
All board, aluminum to the lowest degree asus, each PWM devotee ports, unless is especified, uses 1 amp MAX per port.
On each fan on the back is amp rate. make a sum and set not pass 1AMP per port wine.
you board ahs 3. one is for the central processing unit. CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2you can put one on the back of case on 1 and a divider happening Cha2 to the 3 fans. So you need a PWM divider (cost like 4usd) Just make doomed does not pass by 1amp the sum of the fans
-
07-15-202109:07 PM #3
ROG Extremity Array
Ok, great to hear, thank you. The fans are not pwm, instead 3-pin fans. Does that make some difference if the total sum remains under 1 A?
Originally Posted by MrAgapiGC
It would follow great if Asus had the scoop amp somewhere documented.
-
07-17-202108:54 PM #4
TeamROG Moderator Raiment xeromist PC Specs
xeromist PC Specs Laptop (Model) Dingle Inspiron 15 7567 Motherboard MSI x470 Gambling Plus Central processor AMD 2600X Memory (part numerate) 16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600 Graphics Card #1 ASUS GTX 1080 Strix Monitor BenQ BL3200PT Depot #1 Intel 600p NVMe CPU Cooler Specter Case custom Antec 900 Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Keyboard Logitech Hunte Muriel Sarah Spark Mouse Logitech MX500 Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade
I've never been concerned well-nig run 3 fans from one header. If you are worried you could always use a hub that has break up molex mogul and solely uses the motherboard for control.
-
07-20-202112:32 PM #5
ROG Member Array
Thanks to you besides. I'm non in reality concerned, just wanted to hold in that I'm non doing anything wrong. Still ready for some parts.
Originally Posted by xeromist
-
07-21-202102:26 AM #6
Moderator Array
Hi
First, thanks all skilful's reply. Yes, I also suggest cardinal fan for one header to avoid some devotee issue. Thank you.
-
07-23-202109:41 PM #7
ROG Member Set out
I'm good-for-nothing but you besides what? Totally the others said that you can quite well connect more than ane fan as yearlong as the total current/power draw is not above 1 A. What is this concern supported? If that would be literal, I would be limited to two fans and that would need close to justification. And since - based on your username - you seem to interpret Asus, it would cost level more important to clarify this.
Originally Posted away Alvez@asus
Last edited by Rollerx; 07-23-2021 at 10:04 Autopsy.
How Many Case Fans Can a Motherboard Support
Source: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?124903-Asus-Prime-H510M-A-how-many-fans-amps-can-the-case-fan-connectors-take
Postar um comentário for "How Many Case Fans Can a Motherboard Support"